Who We Are
Safe Passage Project addresses the unmet needs of immigrant children living in New York by providing legal representation to empower each child to pursue a safe, stable future.
We recruit, train, and mentor volunteer attorneys for unaccompanied minors in immigration court. Without us, many of these children would be unrepresented and unaware of paths to citizenship.
Safe Passage Project is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.
What we believe
- No child should face deportation alone
- All children are our children and each child is our future
- All children deserve a well-trained and committed advocate
What we do
- Ensure fair and compassionate treatment of children facing deportation
- Prepare and mentor attorneys and other professionals to successfully represent children
- Assist each child toward educational engagement and achievement
- Remain committed throughout the complex process by addressing other basic needs
- Make real the promise of children’s domestic and international human rights