Attorneys Make A Difference! (New Data on Unaccompanied Children in Immigration Court)

The Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) at Syracuse University has collected and analyzed new data, which offers new insights regarding government policies that are handling the recent influx of unaccompanied children looking to enter the United States. The data shows that almost half (48%) of the children appear in court without the assistance of an attorney, and that the Immigration Judge ordered deportation for nine out of ten. On the other hand, of the 52% of the children that were represented by a lawyer, about five out of ten were allowed to remain in the United States. The data shows that the work of attorneys and organizations, like the Safe Passage Project, makes a huge difference to the lives and futures of these children.

For the full report, click here: http://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/359/

Tagged with , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »