Highlights from 2016
-Helped 52 Youth Receive Green Cards
– Helped 16 Youth Obtain Prosecutorial Discretion
– Hosted an incredible World Refugee Day
– Organized and Executed two Field Days at Riverdale Country School
– Worked with over 412 pro bono attorneys
– Hired our first Full-time Executive Director
– Opened a Satellite Office on Long Island
– Partnered with two new fellowship organizations
– Screened 297 youth in immigration court or at our offices
– Assisted more than 590 children – working with them to ensure they do not have to face immigration court alone.
We are grateful for the incredible clients and pro bono attorneys we were able to work with this year. And we are humbled by the press attention we have received in recent months. We encourage you to check out Jezebel, RageDonate and other year end lists that have graciously promoted us and went out of their way to acknowledge and support organizations dedicated to social good.
Entering the new year we are excited to keep serving our clients, take on new clients, and bring more voices like yours on board to our mission—especially given the uncertain political climate. Closing 2016 we are in need of additional resources to continue to assist as many immigrant youth as we can. Please consider making a donation today. A contribution of $50 covers the the cost of a child’s travel to and from court and to meet her attorney. $1000 covers legal and social work expenses for one child for six months.
We greatly appreciate all of the good things that came our way in 2016. We could not do what we do without the sustained support of generous donors.
Wishing you a great finish to 2016,
The Safe Passage Project Team