Helping Child Migrants: Learn How to Represent Children Who Need Immigration and Family Court Assistance (PLI-hosted CLE Webcast)
When: Thursday, June 26 from 3:00 to 4:00 PM
Please join Professor Lenni B. Benson, Director of the Safe Passage Project, Deborah Lee, Senior Staff Attorney, Immigration Intervention Project, Sanctuary for Families and Lisa Frydman, Associate Director and Managing Attorney, Center for Gender and Refugee Studies, for a free One-Hour briefing on Representing Unaccompanied Children Who Need Immigration and Family Court Assistance, and learn how you, too, can help.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Forms of immigration relief available for unaccompanied children:
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status – juvenile protection for abused, neglected or abandoned children
- U and T visas for victims of crimes and/or trafficking
- Asylum protection
- Practice tips for representing children
- The federal immigration laws and some of the intersection with state family laws
Attorneys of all backgrounds, expertise, and experience are welcome. No prior immigration experience is needed.
Check out more information and watch the on demand webinar: http://www.pli.edu/Content/OnDemand/Helping_Child_Migrants_Learn_How_to_Represent/_/N-4nZ1z129rs?fromsearch=false&ID=227276